Out-Of-State Parents Who Need Representation

When it comes to determining child custody arrangements between parents, courts can consider multiple factors. The overriding factor, of course, is the best interests of the child; however, depending on the situation, that means different things to different people.

One thing that it does not mean, though, is an equal 50-50 split of parenting time. While this might be the theoretical ideal for shared parenting, in practice, it is rarely practical. This is particularly true for out-of-state parents who want to maintain a presence in their children's lives.

You Deserve A Strong Legal Advocate

At the Melbourne offices of Shawn Reid, Attorney at Law, our lawyers recognize that life events mean that a perfectly equal split of parenting time is not always practical and sometimes is downright impossible for the people involved. Awarding 50-50 custody to two parents who live on opposite sides of the country simply does not make sense. Mr. Reid's common-sense approach to child custody issues can bring clarity to what can often be a murky situation.

Parents who reside outside of Florida may find it difficult to work with a divorce lawyer in their local area who is not familiar with Florida law. Shawn Reid can work with parents in other states to make sure that their interests are represented, even if they are not physically present.

Contact the firm today to schedule a free consultation. Complete our contact form, or call us at 321-426-1840 or toll free at 800-639-8070.